You can help make a difference by donating to Bind.
BIND provides tools and a bridge of support to adult brain injury survivors so they can reconnect into life, the community and workplace.
Our vision is to lead the DFW area in providing member-driven services and serve as the model for Brain Injury Clubhouses across the state of Texas.
BIND empowers Members to maximize strengths while developing strategies to assist with meeting personal goals for community reintegration.
bindwaves...Find us on Spotify, Apple, Pandora, YouTube or any of your favorite streaming sites
of TBI survivors receive all services they need
146,000 Texans sustain a Traumatic Brain Injury every year and 500,000 Texans live with a disability caused by Traumatic Brain Injury.
of stroke survivors are under the age of 65
- 10,000 Texans are permanently disabled every year from Traumatic Brain Injury.
- 400 Texans are hospitalized every day for medical treatment of a newly acquired Traumatic Brain Injury.
- Across the US, an estimated 1.7 million people sustain a Traumatic Brain Injury annually.
- About 75% of Traumatic Brain Injuries that occur each year in the US are concussions or other forms of mild traumatic brain injury.
- Direct medical costs and indirect costs of Traumatic Brain Injury, such as lost productivity, totaled an estimated $60 billion in the US in 2000.
- Every year, more than 795,000 people in the US experiences a Stroke.
- Stroke costs the US an estimated $34 billion each year in health care services, medications to treat stroke and missed days of work.
- In 2009, 34% of people hospitalized for Stroke were younger than 65 years.
*Data and statistics provided by the Texas Traumatic Brain Injury Advisory Council Report to the Governor of Texas (2014), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.