Carrie had the chance to interview Christine, a new volunteer at BIND. She is married with 2 boys and all the men in life will watch any sporting event televised.
- What is your Day Job?
- Therapy Assistant with ManeGait Therapeutic Horsemanship
What is ManeGait?
http://www.manegait.org/ helps children and adults with disabilities move beyond their boundaries through the healing power of the horse and the dedication of a professional, caring community.
Therapeutic Riding is skill-based equestrian instruction for children and adults with disabilities. The focus of these lessons is skill development and progression while improving the rider’s physical, cognitive, emotional and/or social skills.
They also offer a brain building workshop that focuses on brain-building activities on individuals with physical, cognitive, sensory, and behavioral disabilities.
- How did you hear about BIND and why did you choose to get involved with BIND?
- Internet search looking for resources to help her work towards helping her goals as a therapist. After she read about us and started to get involved as she wants to work with people in our population. She also would like to see collaboration with BIND and ManeGait as she feels we could benefit from each other.
- What 3 things would you take on a deserted island?
- Her dog Millie, a German shorthair pointer